Graffiti Removal, Rejuvenation and Anti-Graffiti Protection of the Heritage Listed Old Swan Barracks
Graffiti Gone WA have been engaged by Ancient Enterprises for the Provision of Graffiti Removal Services including the removal of multiple graffiti vandalism tags from heritage listed natural limestone facade running along two boundaries of the Old Swan Barracks from the corner of Museum Street and Francis Street and the supply and application of EzyCoat Repel, our special permanent topical anti-graffiti coating.
Graffiti Gone WA provide the highest levels of professionalism, work ethic, safety, accountability, and reliability of graffiti removal services to all of our customers.
Three Golden Rules of Graffiti Removal & Product Selection
At Graffiti Gone WA, we understand and fully acknowledge there is a responsible way to manage graffiti removal successfully. We always adhere to our three golden rules of graffiti removal:
- Identify the substrate
- Identify the defacing medium
- Apply safely the appropriate means to remove the graffiti tag.
Advantages of EzyClean Graffiti Removal Chemicals
The Graffiti Gone WA team are fully trained up in the correct selection, preparation, and application of the full range of EzyClean graffiti removal chemicals and products. The EzyClean range of graffiti removal chemicals have three significant advantages over other inferior products:
- An extended wetting agent which will enable the product to stay wetter longer and not dry out quickly, making the graffiti / tags easier to remove, even in hot Western Australia conditions.
- EzyClean graffiti removal products have a unique characteristic whereby you can apply the product “wet on wet”, whereas all other graffiti removal chemicals available require the surface to be dry before re-application is possible. The major benefits of the “wet on wet” process are increased productivity and efficiency
- All EzyClean graffiti removal chemicals become pH inert when hit with water.
Graffiti Removal Product Selection
For the removal of the multiple graffiti vandalism tags from the natural limestone façade, from the premium range of EzyClean graffiti removal chemicals, we will be using EzyClean Red graffiti removal chemical and EzyClean Pink shadow Remover
EzyClean Red has been specifically developed to be used and is Ideal for removing spray can paint, ‘ironlak’, buff ink, molotow and permanent markers from any bare brick, masonry, concrete, limestone, sandstone and other non- painted surfaces with no damage to the surface substrate or the environment.
EzyClean Pink Graffiti Shadow Remover
Do not be haunted by shadows/stains after graffiti removal any longer. EzyClean Pink Graffiti Shadow Remover is best described as “magically brilliant”. This product bleaches out the aggressive texta and marker shadows left behind after graffiti removal from concrete, stone, granite, and painted surfaces. (See Figures 3 and 4)
Graffiti Removal Chemicals Application
Due to the very porous nature of the heritage listed substrate (natural limestone) façade of the Old Swan Barracks building, the EzyClean Red will be applied by brush implementing a ‘Soaking Technique’. The soaking technique combined with an extended dwelling time will allow the chemical to enter the capillaries of the limestone and became much more effective for the removal of the graffiti vandalism tags. Once the dwelling time has completed, a low pressure ‘Hot Water’ rinse & clean will be applied to wash down the façade.
Any of the graffiti tags which have strong ink colors, may require a second application of the EzyClean Red process.
The EzyClean Red process will be supported as required by the supply and application by brush of the EzyClean Pink shadow remover. The EzyClean Pink shadow remover is applied by brush and left to dwell for an extended period of time and has the extraordinary ability to be able to pull graffiti inks and spray paints from the most porous of substrates.
Graffiti Gone WA Graffiti Removal Methodology
Chemical Graffiti Removal
- Arrival on-site, notify field supervisor of arrival.
- Parking of vehicle is to be safe and legal avoiding bus stops, clearways, taxi zones etc.
- Ensure warning hazard lights are on.
- Assess if this is a “legal street art site” via reference manual on board vehicle.
- Assess risks & hazards of site and complete JSEA. Contact field supervisor immediately if there are excessive risk or hazard with this site.
- Introduce yourself and state your intention to the stakeholder.
- Record a prior removal photo of the graffiti vandalism tag.
- Set up all appropriate safety equipment around job site to inform the public of intention to work and select appropriate PPE.
- Correct chemical selection is to be prepared on the work vehicle, (EzyClean Red, Black, Blue, Brown, or Pink shadow remover), upon completion of selection, ensure work vehicle & chemical storage units are secure and locked.
- Ensure water collection system is operational in the case of chemical removal to collect run off.
- Proceed with process of graffiti removal via gentle agitation to substrate with the correct chemical.
- Ensure when rinsing, the pressure hose is secured under approved safety channelling.
- At completion of works, record ‘after photo’ and record job information in weekly report.
- Notify property owner/resident of completion of works.
- Return all chemicals and equipment to vehicle and pack them into designated secure cabinets.
- Ensure site is left neat and tidy.
Graffiti Removal Chemicals Technical Assurance
With over 24 years of experience specializing in one area (total graffiti vandalism removal), our trusted premium performance range of EzyClean Graffiti Removal Chemicals have an enviable track record of effective and efficient removal of the graffiti vandalism from heritage listed buildings and monuments through Graffiti Gone WA (based in Rockingham) and Greg Ireland (Company Owner of Graffiti Removal Chemicals).
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
It is a mandatory policy of Graffiti Gone WA that all staff, contractors, and sub-contractors shall wear appropriate PPE before commencing any graffiti removal scopes of work. The minimum PPE worn shall be, but not limited to the following items of clothing:
- Long sleeve pants and shirt.
- Chemical resistant rubber soled work boots.
- Long sleeve PVC chemical resistant gloves
- Eye protection including face shield.
- Face Mask
Supply and Application of EzyCoat Repel Anti-Graffiti Coating
Repel is a permanent two pack, water-based coatings developed to protect concrete, brickwork and other hard surfaces including plastics vinyl, metal signs and paintwork. Repel provides a chemically resistant protective finish designed to prevent aerosol paints and marking pens penetrating and allow easy removal with specially formulated EzyClean Black graffiti removal chemical.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS • Excellent graffiti removal • Water based • UV Stable • Low odour • Water resistant • Solvent resistant • Acid / Alkali Resistant • • Formulated for coating vertical and horizontal surfaces • Ideal for mural artwork
EzyCoat Repel Anti-Graffiti Coating Application
Following the removal of all of the graffiti vandalism tags, all of the walls will be washed down with a biodegradable detergent and rinsed with hot water, to ensure the walls are free of all dirt, debris, and grime.
The EzyCoat Repel will be applied to the natural limestone façade using an “airless sprayer’ delivery system using the ‘Cross-Hatching Process’.
Two coats of EzyCoat Repel will be applied to the walls. EzyCoat Repel is applied and goes on cloudy but dries clear. The Ezycoat Repel takes seven days to cure.
Graffiti Removal After Application of EzyCoat Repel
Once the Ezycoat Repel has cured on the natural heritage limestone walls of the building, the removal of any new graffiti tags is simple, cost effective and efficient. EzyClean Black is used to remove any new graffiti tags.
Note: If there are any graffiti tags on the walls during the 7-day curing process of the EzyCoat Repel, the tags are to be left on. After the 7th day, then the EzyClean black can be applied and the graffiti tag can easily be removed, with no damage or effect to the wall.
EzyCoat Repel is by far the most effective, cost effective anti-graffiti coating system available in Australia today, designed for vertical services, developed by graffiti removal professionals and their chemists to satisfy the demands and requirements for customers providing peace of mind and confidence that any graffiti vandalism tags can easily be removed.